Saturday, November 20, 2010

your kisses. (a work in progress)

your kisses make the world around me melt like the chalk world in Mary Poppins when it starts to rain.
your kisses make the world inside of me melt like golden honey.
your kisses taste like home, and love and life.
your kisses make the lines blur between sex and love, between real and fiction.
when you hold me in your arms and kiss me nothing matters and all is better than anything has a right to be. and yet it feels so right.
your kisses should be illegal and expensive, but they are free and we're not getting tossed into jail.
your kisses should be holy and untouchable - like Jesus on the cross, but they are close and fine and of this earth - begging for touch, demanding it.
your kisses make me strong, and safe and warm and sure. they make me hungry,starving, no - ravenous, and leave me feeling full.
full of something impossible to describe.
full of you. of us.
full of that elusive thing that people spend lives looking for, and writing about, composing music about, or painting.
it's better than music, or drugs, or money, or fame. it might be better than God. but then again, it might just be God.

your kisses are home.
your kisses are love.
your kisses are life.

No comments:

Post a Comment