Friday, April 8, 2011

Tweak's wicked little game....

Another night that I was with Tweak in NYC, I went to see HIM play (amazing keyboard player)in his band and afterwards we went to see Joey's brother play in the Village with a whole group of people.It was already a fun night. Matt was there, and all of the other people in that band were really nice to me and fun to be around.

As we walked in the door, the place was just starting to get crowded. And almost immediately - as soon as there was a little space between Tweak and I, some incredibly forward guy started to make a play for me.
"I'm with someone.." I said loudly over the noise of the place.
"Oh yea? I don't see nobody you're with!" the guy challenged me.
"He's around here somewhere!" I laughed.
I found Tweak as quickly as I could and went right up to him. I remembered how this worked. New York was NOT like LA. Men are much more aggressive in NYC. If you don't make your statement of claiming or being claimed right off the bat - all bets are off, and everyone's fair game. I went right up to Tweak and stood real close to him.
"Will you please kiss me right now...right on the lips?" I asked him sweetly.
"Why?" he said.
I just looked at him.
"I know why. You don't want that guy to hit on you."
"Well...that's right. I don't. I don't want anyone to hit on me. Except you. And it would be nice to have a kiss anyway."
Tweak smiled his wicked smile. Then he shook his head.
"Nope. I don't think I will." he said.
"Why NOT? You don't want to kiss me?"
"I know what you're doing....What if I want to flirt with some girls? Maybe I don't want everyone here to assume that I'm taken..."
(Wow.)
"Oh. THAT'S the way you want to play tonight, is it?" I asked, bristling up into war mode immediately. I am one of the LEAST competitive people I have ever known - but I KNEW how to play this game. A little TOO well. I had played it before when I didn't even know what I was doing. And (let's face it), THIS GAME was slanted in favor of the ladies. ESPECIALLY in NYC. I was a little pissed - but mostly amused.
"Yea. I think I want to be a bachelor tonight."
"Fine by me. See ya later."

I walked away from Tweak.
"Let the games begin.." I thought as I looked around the place, then decided to go to the ladies room to find my balance. As much as I could hardly admit it (even to myself) - this hurt a little. I didn't think he was my BOYFRIEND. But I guess I thought he was my boyfriend for that week. Had I been acting too clingy? Or needy? I didn't think so. It almost felt like he was trying to establish a pecking order with me.HE was the rock star at the moment, and I was...what? A mom? I had no idea, really. But, despite how this may read on paper (or screen) - and in spite of how it felt even then - something else was stronger. For all of Tweak's weird head games with me, I FELT like he was a good guy.I even felt like I could trust him.So - I played his little game. If nothing else, it would be an interesting experiment.

The night started shaping up quickly. Joey's brother was REALLY good. He played piano and sang with a small band backing him up. Reminded me of Billy Joel. His name was Gavin De Graw. And by the end of his set, I had a GORGEOUS Argentinian man speaking Spanish to me, buying me drinks and kissing my arm over by the bar.
I looked across the room and spotted Tweak.He was chatting up a couple of lasses in their early twenties who could hardly look more bored or dismissive. I shot him a winning smile. He grinned back a little sheepishly. It didn't take too long after that (and thank goodness - MY guy was starting to promise all KINDS of things in the hopes of...something) for Tweak to wander over to me and admit defeat.

"How are you doing?" he asked, shaking his head at the ridiculous spectacle my latin lover was making of himself.
"Well....as you can see." I replied.
"Yea, yea. Ok. Uncle. You win."
"Well, it was YOUR game."
Tweak nodded in admission.
"Excuse me for a moment. " I said to my gorgeous plaything. Then I turned to Tweak, sans arm sucker. "Will you kiss me NOW?" I asked him plainly.
"Well, I don't want to get in the way of anything...more exciting."
"Don't be an idiot. I didn't WANT to get hit on by anyone else. Remember?"
He nodded. I guess he remembered.
"And was that good for you? " I continued ( I had to rub it in a LITTLE) "Did you get what you wanted tonight? Lots of attention from some young hotties?"
Tweak looked right into my eyes. He seemed to be laughing at himself. "Not really."
As I squared my shoulders and looked up at him, I could feel the Argentinian pawing at my backside in a drunken manner.
"Will you FINALLY FUCKING KISS me, then?" I demanded.
"My pleasure", Tweak laughed.

Then he took me in his arms and kissed me.
As sweet as the taste of winning was, Tweak's kiss was even sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment