Monday, July 12, 2010

.....and WHY has it taken this long?

It's taken this long because my computer crashed. Took everything with it. And it cost SO much money to fix/regain content.
But that's not really why. It's been up and running for months now.
It's taken so long because I went to Thailand, came back to crisis, was in the last dramatic throws of a huge lawsuit, and then I cut out and went to Europe for a little while.
But that's not really why , either. It's because I don't want to finish the story.
Like a book you don't want to end. Start reading slower and slower as you come to the last chapters.I never wanted this story to end.
There aren't that many stories like that in my life. Lots of good ones.And LOADS that i couldn't WAIT to end....but there has never been a story like this.
This story was for me a beginning and an end. And many of the people that went to Interlochen may be able to relate on some level.
Leaving Interlochen was hard enough no matter who your parents were, or what great college or conservatory you were going to.For me, this was losing my virginity on many levels at once.
And ,maybe, it's also because I don't feel like a very good writer anymore - and I want so badly to do it justice.
But what the hell. There is always the option to rewrite, and i can't sleep anyway.....

No comments:

Post a Comment