Wednesday, June 8, 2011

the Ultimate Weenie (or Weiner Burns His Wings)

Look...I was up a good part of the night thinking about this Weiner scandal-thing. Not because of IT - or at least at first - but because of the conversations it sparked on - you guessed it - Facebook. Well...and on TV and in life, etc.

When I first saw the story break, I believed the man was hacked. Like the true optimist and romantic that I am. I LIKE Weiner as a politician. REALLY LIKE. Appreciate what he fights for and how he does it. He is well spoken and I think he relates - or RELATED - to younger voters. Which I think is VERY important. So - I did what I've done many times in my life - I believed what I WANTED to believe.

Then he confessed. Finally. After lying to a whole lot of people. Did you SEE that? Oh. So pathetic. Really sad.
I am one of those people (perhaps in the minority) who don't care much what an elected official does with his private life - no matter how silly - as long as it's consensual,legal, etc. I may feel a bit sorry for his wife - but then again, I don't know either of them. I do NOT know their story, and it's none of my business. I was disappointed in one of the few elected officials that I thought was worthy of their office - but - not GREATLY disappointed. Not at first. Not like when Obama took his sweet time responding to the BP oil spill. That is our PLANET! THAT was people's LIVES - in the immediate. THAT was a big deal - weeners in underpants are NOT such a big deal in my world view...

But THEN....it started to become CLEAR. Conversations started up all over the place. And I am fascinated. And starting to see that Weiner's weener is a MUCH BIGGER DEAL (he probably likes that) than I had previously imagined.

Here's how I am seeing it all now.

1 : A lot of passionate liberals had Weiner up on a pedestal - a little bit. Maybe even me - just a little. And he super shocked and disappointed us. Especially with the lying to everyone part. Let's face it. It felt personal. After all, he really did lie to ALL of us, too - on MANY forms of national TV. Premeditated lying. A passionate liberal's LEAST favorite kind - am I right?

2 : I am afraid that his actions (especially the lying) will turn off untold amounts of young voters and women voters. Our team needs those votes. Young people don't care as much about the photos or tweats - but they are SUPER SENSITIVE to hypocrisy and being lied to. If Weiner lies to them (and he's perceived as one of the good guys) - then they may as well stay at home and NOT VOTE. Because it doesn't even matter. (They are ALL liars and hypocrites.) - AND - for OBVIOUS reasons - WOMEN are not going to want to vote for him. They will put themselves (many of them) in his wife's shoes and FREAK OUT!!! If HER husband is going to do this to HER - and she is SO uber-glamorous and successful and cool - AND they're practically newlyweds....! This looks VERY BAD on paper! I mean we don't - any of us - quite know the inside details - but - it looks bad to a WHOLE LOT of women.
Harry and Nancy and the Dems couldn't BE more pissed right now - and I don't blame them. Weiner goes and gives the other side a loaded gun and then moves their hand so it's pointing right at him, and by default the democratic party. (and JUST when they seemed to be making some headway! We all know how HARD it is for the pussy Dems in this country right now1) I hope he survives this as well as Clinton did, personally - on some level - but it ain't lookin' so good for Weiner!

3 : There is something so awful and shameful in seeing a man as talented and clever as Weiner make SUCH a HUGE WEENIE out of himself. One of the brightest stars in Washington D. C. - on a glittering career path - WHAT!!!????? Destroys himself? By behaving like a second grade BOY? A man - who vocally,admits on the NATIONAL STAGE that he has been teased about his last name being WEINER all his life is SENDING PHOTOS of his WEENER ON the INTERNET!!!?????????????? Is it possible that this could be lost on ANYONE?????? AND - the cleverest boy in the room is SOOOO out of touch that he doesn't realize that TWEATING is by it's VERY NATURE both narcissistic and PUBLIC!!!!!???

It really is beyond my comprehension.
I have come to the conclusion that Weiner is like Icarus. Like so many that are great or almost great. They fly too high - their egos take over - even any shred of common sense is lost - and their wings are melted by the sun. Mighty, beautiful Icarus comes crashing to his demise into the cold ocean below.

Weiner might pull it off. I don't think so right at this moment in time. I do not have much hope for him. But maybe he'll pull it off.
And either way - this "non-sex scandal" really has me thinking. Thinking about men and women. Why and how we are so different - but also these STRONG similarities that are often denied.
We all need love and attention. We all need our egos stroked now and again. Practically none of us are perfect. And a LOT of men (I hate to tell you this, ladies - but it's true) have an odd obsession with their weeners.

It's NOT JUST WEINER.

In summation - I am super disappointed with Weiner for being such a STOOOOOPID weeny. But I guess I feel a little TINY bit sorry for him. You know, for being such a loser and such a tool. He doesn't even RANK sleaze-bag in my book. He doesn't deserve it. Only the much less exciting title of ...WEINER the ultimate WEENY.

No comments:

Post a Comment