Tuesday, August 10, 2010

today with Sophie...aka Twinkle toes

My daughter, Sophie is SOOOOO beautiful , and she doesn't even know it. There will be so many things to write about regarding her - but for now - a brief introduction.
She's like that song, "Maria", in 'The Sound of Music'. How do you keep a wave upon the shore?...all that jazz. She's got Marilyn died blonde hair right now - she did it herself - and she looks great. She looks like a model. But not a cheesy model - she looks like a model from 'Nylon' - or something cool like that. She's an artist. I absolutely adore her. So does almost everybody. She's just one of those people who make you feel more special, more alive, cooler, smarter, more enlightened when you are in close proximity to her. When she walks into a room, heads turn, and people want to know who she is. She sparkles and radiates. ask anyone. they'll tell you.
Today, we had lunch with a bunch of hipsters, then bought used books, then ran into Ed at the Pig. the coffee shop down the street. Ed gets her. Ed is worthy. It was pretty darn fun, i must say, showing Sophie off to one of my most talented friends. I know that sounds terrible - but lets be honest - we do show our kids off, don't we?
I have to get some sleep - helping my bro in the morning pack up and move his office - but let me leave you with this. ..Twinkle Toes is something extra-ordinary. We've always known that. And now - she is REALLY coming into her own. I'll have to beat the boys away with a club, I think. The UNWORTHY ones. I will beat them. No stupid boys are allowed to hurt her. That's that.

1 comment: