Sunday, July 24, 2011

getting serious about things...(raw food cleanse - day 1)

Don't worry - I'm not going to get explicit about gross things here. And hopefully I won't bore you with just talking about what I'm eating, either. But a lot of people around me are doing this, or asking about it - so I'll just weave it into the other stuff, I figure.

First of all, I have been drinking WAYYYYY too much! Ask ANYONE. Especially Mark. Second of all, I think I've been doing this sort of self punishment thing for the last year. Really it started when I realized that my one and only soul- mate on this earth is married to someone else, that that was a path NOT taken, and I will never be with him again, maybe never even SEE him again, and NO ONE compares to him. No one. Life will go on. I will have sex a few more times (I hope!) and maybe some fun romantic adventures are around the corner still for me - but TRUE LOVE. That rarest of things that some people NEVER find - I had it. It's still alive. It's OUT THERE and lives in another human's GORGEOUS body, and I CAN'T HAVE IT.

What EVER. Time for me to shake out of this year long mope and remember how fun it is and nice it is to have a body and brain that you're friends with. I HAD the real thing. The REAL DEAL, baby. And so what if it was super short on a time -line? As I myself JUST SAID - some people NEVER experience that.So, get over yourself, Jennifer, and get SERIOUS.

Starting with getting all of this toxic sugar and booze OUT,OUT,OUT!!!
And starting tomorrow with yoga!!! (I LOVE yoga!!)

Day 1 : starting off well, I think. Have already cheated by trying one bite of the cookies I just made for Soph (that girl needs a few calories right now!) - they are delicious. Why did I need to do that? How many batches of cookies have I made in my lifetime? HUNDREDS!
Otherwise - good.
Made a salad from freshly grown Boston lettuce, tomatoes I grew, kalamata olives, hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, and apple cider vinaigrette. Sprinkle a few pieces of shaved parmesan on top if you wish to be decadent (yum!)

Apple cider vinaigrette : 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar, dash salt, 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard (I can't LIVE without dijon mustard!),one fat garlic clove - squeeze it through garlic press,squeeze of lemon or lime - adjust to taste!

Apple cider vinegar is supposed to be very good for you, but if it's just TOO tart for your taste buds - add a little honey, OR substitute orange muscat champagne vinegar (at trader Joe's and NOT expensive - it only TASTES expensive!) Bon Appetit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment