Friday, December 3, 2010

Mad Men costumes for WICKER

Last night I was sulckily sitting down to TRY to write....but all the while being sort of distracted and crazy in my head - because I was waiting for a phone call.
A phone call that I thought had been promised.
Unlike the many calls I've been avoiding lately (certain family members that OUGHT to know who they are), I was REALLY looking forward to this call. Let me just say that I've been feeling like a bird with her wing torn off lately, and this call (I thought) would have given me the strength that I have been missing.
So...as I was staring at the computer screen, listening for the phone, I heard a sort of frantic rapping at the front door instead.
"Geez!" I thought, "what now? Probably my drugged-out neighbor wanting something crazy."
Naturally, I yelled for Max. Max was in the other side of the house with Tyler (his drummer), Step (DJ), and Troy (boy-band beautiful guitar player), and I figured he could handle it - whatever it was.
I felt terrible a couple of minutes later, because when Max was slow to hear me, I moved to the door to see that it was a young lady with her arms FULL of clothes and garment bags. CLEARLY a costumer. A-HA. THAT'S why they were all over at the house!
Max's band, WICKER, is doing a music video this weekend out on the beach. For their incredibly up-beat song, 'Little Miss Sunshine'. This poor costumer had trudged up the hill and stairs all by her self with about a million costumes for the boys to try on.
I tried to stay out of the way - but it is a small house, and when I went into the kitchen Troy greeted me dressed in surfer-60's attire and big black rimmed glasses. He was smiling from ear to ear and laughing a little as he said "Hey Jen!",and put out his arms as if for inspection of the outfit.
"Wow! You look GREAT!" I said. And he did.
They all did.
The video is to be a 60's Beach-Boy vibe - complete with a vintage VW Bug, vintage surfboards, and beautiful blonde girls in 'Mad Men'-esque bikinis. And in chatting with the costumer, it turns out that some of these very costumes had been used on 'Mad Men'. A show that I and a few of my close friends are QUITE obsessed with!
"Well, well,well", I thought, as I looked around my living room at all the beautiful things she had brought from the biggest and most famous costume house in LA. 'Mad Men' was spread out all over my house. The band was walking around in the coolest vintage 60's stuff you could find anywhere.
"This is just about right." I thought. This is how it's supposed to be.
I bossily ordered Max and Ty to help the nice costume lady down to her her car with all the loads of clothes as I picked up the stray safety pins that fell behind her like a trail bread crumbs...

And the phone call that never came didn't hurt quite so badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment